Maitland Basketball has continued to monitor closely the situation regarding COVID-19 over the last 48 hours. Developments in the Newcastle area have meant that our club has had to consider some very difficult decisions. Our first priority is always the safety of our members and we continue to maintain this approach.
Below is an update for all programs run by Maitland Basketball, as well as those programs run by BNSW at our facility.
MAITLAND BASKETBALL DOMESTIC COMPETITIONS & PROGRAMS
All Basketball programs run by Maitland Basketball will continue at this stage. Our facility remains open to all hirers and members of the community, subject to our conditions of entry - click here to read our conditions of entry
We implore all participants to uphold diligent consideration of Biosafety measures so that we can stop the spread of COVID-19 and help continue community sport in a safe manner. We also continue to monitor the situation and update as appropriate.
If you are impacted by COVID-19 and are unable to participate, we urge you to communicate with your team manager as soon as possible. Please seethe bottom of this article for information regarding Biosafety and Coronavirus updates from NSW Health.
WARATAH SENIOR LEAGUES
Given that it has enhanced biosafety measures and is a BNSW event, this will go ahead within the strict guidelines set in place by BNSW. We would remind all participants to be aware of and monitor their eligibility to participate (see below).
Strictly one spectator per playing participant – so please do not attend, please stay at home. You can enjoy our games via Livestream on our Facebook page.
The East Coast Invitational has been postponed, and we will reconsider the viability of the event once more information comes to light about the COVID-19 situation in Newcastle.
All practice sessions for this weekend are also cancelled and Maitland Federation Centre will remain closed to anyone not attending a sanctioned event.
CovidSafety at Maitland Federation Centre
Our staff and volunteers have taken great pride in ensuring we make every effort to provide a safe environment for all participants. We also appreciate the patience and understanding of our members and their families through this difficult time.
We take this opportunity here to remind you of the importance of your role in providing a CovidSafe environment:
1. Self-Exclusion – If you are experiencing symptoms, or are required to self-isolate (see below) do not attend our facility under any circumstances.
2. Sanitisation – Hand Sanitiser is available at the point of entry and on all courts. It is important that all people entering our facility maintain good hygiene practices.
3. Spectators – only ONE parent/carer will be able attend with your child. To enable families to be able to participate, if you have other children under your care and need to bring them to the facility, you can. The purpose of the CovidSafe guidelines is to have as few people as possible at our facility. If you can make alternative arrangements for other children in your family, please do so.
4. Physical Distancing Whilst at our facility, practice physical distancing of 1.5 metres from other people wherever practical.
5. Arrive-Play Leave – Arrive 10-15 minutes before your game, and leave at the end without delay through the nearest exit.
General Information Regarding COVID19
The NSW Health Department outlines that all close contacts should get tested and self-isolate for 2 weeks and casual contacts are reminded to get tested. Anyone who is currently being tested or family members of those being tested should remain isolated until a negative result is returned.
The full list of current hotspots can be found here.
The full list of symptoms can be found here.
Testing clinic locations can be found here.