Team nominations for our
2020 Winter Competitions
are now open!
In 2020 Maitland Basketball will be adjusting the start and finish dates of our main Winter Junior Domestic Competitions to line up with our representative season, as well as allowing a number of significant facility bookings in late September. We have brought forward the start date of the 2020 Winter Junior Competitions.
Form a team with friends and nominate, or contact us and we will help you find a team. If you do not have enough players to make a whole team, please get in touch with Competitions Coordinator Andrew Bear on 49343503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have included a 1 week break before we start, to allow extra time to organise their nominations
AGE GROUPS / DIVISIONS
All teams/players are eligible to nominate based their age OR school year in 2020
We allow flexibility in age division for new / less experienced players to join a
Each age group will play on the following afternoons/nights.
Year 7/8 Boys - Divisions 1 & 2
Junior High Boys - Year 7-10 - Divisions 1 & 2
Open Youth Men - Divisions 1 & 2
Open Youth Women - Divisions 1, 2 & 3
Open Primary - Divisions 1, 2, & 3
Player Game Fees - $200 per player (19 weeks of games). To make competitions more accessible for all, we have divided the competitions game fees into 2 equal instalments.
Installment 1 - $100 due Monday 27th April
Installment 2 - $100 due Monday 27th July
ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHERS
You can use your Active Kids Voucher for this competition. To find out if you are eligible, and to apply for your voucher click here.
There is no cost to nominate a team, however, team nomination is subject to the following:
1. Nomination of minimum 7 players – must be finalised by the end of the grading period.
2. 3-week grading period to ensure teams are in the correct division. Players can move between teams during this period, but must notify the team and MBA before doing so.
3. All players must maintain a current membership for the duration for the competition.
4. Please note, players with outstanding amounts owing for previous competitions will not be eligible to nominate.
If you are a player looking to join a team, please email Andrew Bear – Competitions Coordinator – email@example.com
PLAYERS JOINING A TEAM
1. When nominating your team, you will be able to invite others to join your team.
2. New members can also register to join Maitland Basketball at the same time as joining your team.
3. Please have their email address handy if they are a new player
4. Existing players email addresses will display automatically.
5. A link to this form is available by clicking on the button below
6. To use the online link you will need your team code
Please call Maitland Basketball on 49343503 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your team code
NEW PLAYERS OPEN SCRIMMAGE
In our first 3 grading weeks, we will also conduct an open scrimmage game each week to help players find a team. Please contact Andrew Bear to nominate as an individual. A scrimmage is an open invitation, informal game of Basketball, so that you can have a game each week, and link up with other players of a similar skill and experience to form new teams.
Open Scrimmage times will be as follows:
Monday 23rd & 30th March
5pm – Year 7/8 Boys
Wednesday 25th March & 1st April
4.10pm – Junior High Boys – Year 7-10
5.00pm – Open Youth Women
5.50pm – Open Youth Men
Friday 20th & 27th March
4.30pm – Open Primary
Please contact Andrew Bear to register your interest in the Open Scrimmage for new players
ALL PLAYERS MUST HOLD A CURRENT ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
Registrations are to be completed online, on or before the due date. The quickest and easiest way to complete your registration is online from your computer.
If you plan to register on game night, please ensure you have access to your email account and allow an extra 20-30 minutes as there may be a queue.
Payment can be made by PayPal, POLiPay, Credit or Visa Debit card.
Unregistered players are NOT COVERED by player insurance if they are injured, and accordingly they WILL NOT be allowed to play under any circumstances. This will be strictly enforced every week.
Players must pay by the due dates noted above.
Players with outstanding amounts owed from previous competitions will not be eligible to join a team until outstanding balance is paid.